JOICFP (Japanese Organization for International Cooperation in Family Planning) is a pubic interest corporation approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, to promote international cooperation in the fields of reproductive health and rights (RH/R) including population and family planning (FP) and maternal and child health (MCH). As part of our promotion activities, JOICFP (1) provides support activities in developing countries; (2) nurtures human resources in and outside of Japan; (3) as for domestic activities, promotes advocacy, publicizes our activities and makes various proposals; and (4) assists to recruit volunteers, joins fund-raising campaigns, and supports other activities.
JOICFP handles all personal information that has come to our knowledge through our activities, according to the following policies, through complying with the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations concerning the matter; thus striving to protect the rights and benefits of individuals.
- Purposes for use of personal information
JOICFP will use personal information solely for the purposes of publicity of our activities, fund-raising and support activities we conduct to obtain cooperation from many people with the view to promoting RH/R.
- Management of personal information
JOICFP will strive to prevent unauthorized access to, loss of, damage to, alteration of, or leakage of personal information JOICFP possesses, and will safely accumulate and store personal information under stringent management.
- Disclosure, revision and suspension of use of personal information
Whenever an individual requests or inquires about disclosure, revision, or suspension of use of his/her personal information that is in JOICFP’s possession, JOICFP will appropriately respond to them.
- Disclosure and provision of personal information to a third party
JOICFP will not disclose or provide personal information JOICFP possesses to a third party except in the following cases:
- Where agreement for such use has been obtained from the affected individual;
- Where laws and regulations require its disclosure;
- Where it is deemed necessary for benefits to the affected party or the public stipulated by the Law Concerning the Protection of Personal Information; and
- Where necessary information is required to be submitted to a financial institution for payment procedure of donations.
- Compliance with laws and regulations
In handling personal information, JOICFP will comply with laws and regulations concerning protection of personal information, and will keep all staff members well informed about the basic policy and matters pertaining to handling and management of personal information. When it is deemed necessary, this policy will be reviewed or improved.